Búa Xua
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

News from Oregon

3 posters

Go down

News from Oregon Empty News from Oregon

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:30 am

9:09 p.m. It's so dark outside, no moonlight, no starlight. The pickup truck rocked back and forth as the wind blowing with all its mighty power. The rain and the ocean waves together created a loud yet somehow soothing sound. Yet in that type of weather by the oceanside we managed to make a super tasty dinner with lobster tail steamed with beer, grilled salmon with salt and pepper lemon juice, ceasar salad,and sourdough bread with butter. Despite the weather not cooperating and such tight space, dinner was complete with such ambiance - friends and laughter, music and artificial candlelight. Now done with dinner, lying around lazily looking out the car windows or the moonroof of the car, one is on a facetime call, one is texting that someone, and one is buaxuaing using an Iphone patiently typing each word. Munching on kho muc, pears, oranges and taking a few sips of beer, life is rough and stormy up here in Oregon, well almost Oregon - Crescent city, but we are loving it.

Signed - a bunch of crazy people who chose to be homeless staying by the seaside 2/12/12

Được sửa bởi Zee Zữ Zằn ngày Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:45 pm; sửa lần 1.
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

News from Oregon Empty Re: News from Oregon

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Well, it is kind of unofficial that every other week we would plan a trip somewhere. It could be a short trip or a long trip. That's not the point. The point is we have determined to live and enjoy our lives, to stop and smell the roses, and que sera sera. As for me, I have a lot more places to go. During these 20 years, 52 states and I can only check off 6 states that I have visited, some just barely. 20 years and I barely know California, since many places I have been there yet not really been there. So for me, my new goal is to travel here and there as much as I can and as least expensive as it can be.

So driving north from California to Oregon and stopping along the way to visit whatever places that sound interesting, even though we only have 3 days to go and come back, seem like an interesting and challenging experiment. So we picked tons of places along the route and no need to plan anything to the point. We would stay as we like and move on as we see fit. We mentally prepared for the fact that we may just pull to the side along the road somewhere to camp and get some sleep for the night and take off early the next morning to continue our trip.

Thus as much as it would be nice to drive in my friend 2 door convertible car, we have decided that it would be better if the three of us, 2 gals and a guy, to drive in my oversize, gas guzzling Ford F150. W e were thinking, if we have to camp, the two gals would set up the small tent on the bed of the pick up, and the guy would have the inside of the truck for himself. Sound like a plan huh?

Thursday approached. I had my Lasik procedure. Friday, I had my follow up appointment and received the "it went well" approval. Friday night, a simple birthday dinner extended til after 1 a.m. Yet, despite all that, we hit the road at 8 a.m. on Saturday, ready to march to Oregon and claim our territory.
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Tàn Tơi Tả Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 am

Why the guy has to be in the cabin and the gals in the back ? F150 is very roomy and 3 persons sharing heat would sound better, cosy-er, more memorable than the boring arrangement News from Oregon 464751818
Tàn Tơi Tả
Tàn Tơi Tả

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:28 am

Tại vì the gals brought along the air mattress, and thought that they would be more comfortable in the back with the bed. But người tính không bằng trời tính wink Để từ từ em kể cho nghe.
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:59 pm

First stop was Turtle Bay too see such an amazing bridge made out of glass Sundial Bridge.

News from Oregon DSC01392-1
News from Oregon DSC01395-1

News from Oregon DSC01389-1

Living so close to Redding, and even staying at my friend's house in Shasta, which is 30 minutes away from Redding, yet I have never known that there are many interesting places to visit in the area until now. During these years I have been hanging on to the perception that Redding is such a boring place to be. Unbeknown to me, Redding is the home of the one of the world famous waterfalls Burney Falls, the 8th most beautiful falls in the world.

News from Oregon DSC01418-1

News from Oregon DSC01412-1-1

After spending quite some time at the falls since I did not want to leave at all, we were heading toward Eureka. But right before we got on highway 299, Crystal Lake was quite inviting...

News from Oregon DSC01437-2

As pretty as it might be, it was getting dark shortly before 6 p.m. To make it to Eureka, we would have to pass 150 miles or so of very winding 2 lane road wrapping around the mountains driving 35 - 55 miles per hour. So goodbye Crystal Lake since we don't want to have to pull to the side of the road to sleep.

Được sửa bởi Zee Zữ Zằn ngày Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:24 am; sửa lần 1.
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Tàn Tơi Tả Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 am

Kể đi, anh nghe đây News from Oregon 2238782717

Anh thấy có air mattress mà hong có caring & sharing vậy là hong có vui (nhất là share body heat) níu là anh thì anh sẽ thấy rất comfortable giữa .. 2 người đẹp snuggly 2 bên News from Oregon 3925848005
Tàn Tơi Tả
Tàn Tơi Tả

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 am

Hai đứa em cũng đâu có ích kỹ, cũng muốn share đó chứ anh, nhưng mà sợ người ta thao thức cả đêm không ngủ được hôm sau không có sức đi chơi nên mới tha cho đó chứ blush
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:56 am

Tuy nói là tranh thủ đi qua highway 299 cho nhanh còn tìm chổ ngủ qua đêm, nhưng đoạn đường đó cũng kéo dài cả 3 tiếng. Đường vừa tối, vừa ngoằn ngoèo nhiều lúc tốc độ tối đa chỉ 25 miles. Vậy mà người ta vẫn lái vượt qua mặt ào ào. Tới giữa đường đi, hai người hành khách trong xe đã bị tôi nhồi cho bầm dập nên tôi đành phải dừng một bên đường để cho họ nghỉ một chút và bớt đi cơn motion sickness. Sẵn dịp bọn tôi tranh thủ ăn tối. Giữa con đường hiu quạnh trong bóng đêm mịt mờ, cơm tối là món cơm vắt với thịt kho và dưa leo. Phải công nhận trong những lúc đi xa như vậy mà được ăn món cơm nhà thì không còn gì bằng. Cả ba vừa ăn vừa xuýt xoa hít hà. Cuối cùng khoảng 9g mấy bọn tôi cũng đã đến Eureka, nhưng lại không tìm được cái KOA campground theo như hướng dẫn. Mệt mõi và đừ người vì con đường quanh co kia, cộng thêm anh bạn vẫn còn bị rượu hành vì uống quá nhiều đêm hôm trước, chúng tôi đành mềm lòng mướn khách sạn ở thay vì ngủ cảnh màn trời chiếu đất cho nó có vẽ phiêu lưu.

Ngủ một giấc tới sáng hôm sau, chúng tôi thủng thẳng sửa soạn để check out và đi nhà thờ dự lễ trước khi lên đường. Tôi thì không phải là con chiên ngoan đạo nên không đi lễ hàng tuần, nhưng anh bạn tôi thì khác. Ngay tối hôm trước khi vừa đến khách sạn đã hỏi bọn tôi tìm nhà thờ để mai đi lễ. Cũng may cách khách sạn có 2-3 miles là một nhà thờ Catholic St. Bernards. Tuy nhà thờ nhỏ hơn hai nhà thờ của tôi và của anh bạn nhưng lại không kém phần nghiêm trang và không thiếu a sense of community. Một sự trùng hợp thú vị là hôm nay nhà thờ đem cái American flag vào lại trong nhà thờ, nên có sự góp mặt của the Columbus Knights. Ý là hồi xưa around the Second World War time, the American flag được đem vào trong nhà thờ lần đầu tiên và chưng ngay ở thánh điện (cung thánh?? sanctuary). Nhưng sau này nhà thờ nói rằng sanctuary là nơi sacred và không phải là nơi để chưng cái flag và đã quyết định dời cái American flag ra khỏi nhà thờ. Nhưng bây giờ họ lại quyết định đem cái flag vào lại trong nhà thờ, để show respect and appreciation for the fact that US is a place that respect the freedom of religions and allow people to practice their fate, not to mention the place that home us practitioners. Nhưng thay vì chưng ở sanctuary như hồi xưa, cái flag giờ được để ở phía trong cửa ra vào của nhà thờ.

Z nghe ông cha giảng về chuyện này hay và hợp lý lắm, giờ quên hết 99% rồi nên nhớ gì viết vậy Very Happy.

News from Oregon DSC01441

News from Oregon DSC01440

Next destionation toward Oregon, Moonstone Beach. Biển âm u, biển buồn man mác...

News from Oregon DSC01464

News from Oregon DSC01467
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Tàn Tơi Tả Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:31 am

Wow nhà thờ đẹp quá em .. News from Oregon 1171551390

Rất tiếc là anh khg vô nhà thờ được, tà như anh vào đó Chúa xẹt "chéo, bùm" 1 cái là đời Tàn .. tơi tả News from Oregon 2730523259
Tàn Tơi Tả
Tàn Tơi Tả

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Vi Vớ Vẫn Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Mình cũng có nhiều chuyện để kể lắm but mình văn không hay, chữ thì tốt (tại đánh máy thì chữ ai cũng đẹp hết) nên mình không dám kể ra đây. Thôi thì ai muốn nghe thì gọi mình, mình thỏ thẻ cho mà nghe. blush
Vi Vớ Vẫn
Vi Vớ Vẫn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Tàn Tơi Tả Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:28 am

Hong có số phone cuả em thì làm sao mà goị được , shoot số phone em wa ýa hù meo của anh đi Very Happy
Tàn Tơi Tả
Tàn Tơi Tả

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Zee Zữ Zằn Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Mình thì sợ tương tư giọng nói của người ta nên không dám gọi phone ai cả News from Oregon 2676598196 nhất là mấy em gái Huế
Zee Zữ Zằn
Zee Zữ Zằn

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Bài gửi by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Về Đầu Trang Go down

Về Đầu Trang

Permissions in this forum:
Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết